This Working With Style post was a real challenge for me! I decided to just take a picture of myself before work each day for a week. I only really ‘prepared’ an outfit for Working With Style 1 out of the 5 days…. with my new brown sweater dress! The rest, well, it’s just me being me!
Where did stuff come from? Black boots, black sweater – Kohl’s; Brown boots, black 3/4 sleeve shirt, fuscia sweater – JC Penney; Black knit skirt – Harold’s;Brown sweater dress – Dressbarn;Grey skirt – Costco;Everything else – can’t remember!
I learned a few things prepping for this post and looking at my pictures.
- It is H A R D to take a picture of myself full-length in my house or anywhere I go daily. This setup seemed to work – propping my camera on self-timer mode on our dishes hutch.
- I cannot take a self-timed picture and have it NOT be the absolute coolest thing going on in the kids’ lives at that moment. They will get it on the action.
- I clearly love to put my hands on my hips during a self-portrait.
- I look better once my hair has dried, crazy though it may be.
- I like me some v-necks and boots.
- Pink, black/gray and brown…. oh my!
- Where the heck are my accessories??
- My knees aren’t as bad as I thought they were in exposed-to-the-world mode!
Ultimately, I learned I’d benefit from varying my color palate, showing my knees some more, and thinking more about my neckline, footwear and accessory choices.
What do you think you’d learn in a 5-day not-trying-to-be-stylish self portrait exercise?
Now it’s your turn to link up. We can’t wait to check out how you are Working With Style.