Working Mom Resolutions 2013

Working Mom Resolutions 2012This year has brought many changes and new challenges for the whole LWM crew. There are new babies, angel babies, new jobs, trying to stay fit, and all the transitions and balance that goes along with managing all that is in our heads and our lives. But what I’m most proud of is how much the LWM crew has grown this year. We are 9 women strong, with 15 kiddos, including two sets of twins, and one new baby on the way! I love it when we can all get together virtually to share with you a common strand. And Working Mom Resolutions is the best place to do it. As I think about my own resolutions, I glance at all the ladies’ resolutions and realize how there is a common thread between us all.

Hope you enjoy getting a glimpse into our Working Mom Resolutions. And when you get to the bottom, you’ll have a chance to link up your resolutions too! The linky will be up for a week so there’s plenty of time to get thinking about what you’d like to work on this year.

photo 1(5) 1. Work through stress better. I think I’ve got a case of Seasonal Affective Disorder and I need to manage it better.
2. Find time to train for and run a half marathon.
3. Resist the treats at work. Only eat the foods I pack for snacks.
4. Keep my phone at bay during work hours. I tend to get distracted.
5. Devote more of my weekend time to fun activities with my family instead of stressing about getting all the things done.
rice043-web 1. Snack smarter.
2. Eat more breakfasts at home instead of at my desk.
3. Carve out time for exercise/being active during my workday.
4. Use some vacation days for something fun this year!
New hair for returning to work. 1. Make more large dinner options on Sundays.
2. Highly consider a cleaning service.
3. Figure out more 30 minute workouts to do at lunch.
4. Start running again.
5. Clean out my closet and get some new versatile pieces.
curls 1. To use my time online wisely with work
2. To be more organized with scheduling
3. To only take on extra projects I have time for and can do my best in.
4. To budget for taxes and monthly income better.
Mommy and Will _3 1. Read one book each month for pleasure. It does my brain and heart good to focus on some great fiction writing, and most of the time, I can do it while I work out!
2. Continue my exercise routine and eat right so I feel good, maintain my weight, and tone up!
3. Take a family vacation. Our plans right now include my son’s first Disney trip and a cruise for my mother’s 60th birthday!
4. Spend less time social networking and more quality time with my son.
5. STOP CURSING. For real this year. Before the little one starts repeating things.
ebp_browns_11.2012_02 1. Get to work on time. Even though I try to be super organized the night before, timeliness has never been my strong suit.
2. Put on makeup before work. I feel better about myself when I’m at least wearing mascara & tinted moisturizer.
3. Shop less. I’ve cut way back on in-store shopping since being a working mom. But it’s the ease of online shopping that’s been getting me.
4. Work out as a family. Now that we have a double jogging stroller {thanks Cici & Pops!}, I’m hoping we spend some weekend mornings walking on greenways.
mary beth bio 1.  Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times per week.  Hoping it will result in weight loss.
2.  Add 5 new veggie main dishes to our repertoire…. starting with finding a good go-to veggie burger recipe.
3.  Limit Facebook/social media checking to 1/day.
4.  Don’t cut my hair.  This sounds easier than it will be.  All the bad hair days will pay off with long hair that will make me look like I’m in high school again.
5.  Find ways to love everybody more, starting with my husband.  Refresh date night.  Call my parents more than 1/week.
 20120915_Weitl_55_MEDIUMresolution 1. Health.  I’d like to lose 20 pounds this year and eat cleaner and less sugar.
2. Exercise.  I’m still striving to run an entire 5K without stopping.  Also workout 5 times per week.
3. Balance.  With starting a full-time position I will need to focus to keep my priorities in balance.
4. Build relationships.  No matter how busy life gets I need to be sure to prioritize my relationships.  My roles as a wife, mother, and friend should always come first.
5. Write.  I want to write every day — a blog post, 500 words of an essay,  500 words towards my book idea.  Even a letter to a friend.  Something.  Everyday.
 Karen 1. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
2. Have the dishes done before bed every night.
3. Do one nice thing for myself and just for me every month.
4. Hire a sitter at least once a month for 2 hours.

Now it’s your turn! We can’t wait to check out what your Working Mom Resolutions are. Link up below!

Tracy is the Creator and Managing Editor for LWM. She's a working teacher momma to Abigail, born 11/09 and Olive, born 12/13. By day she teaches middle school students all things related to reading and writing, and by night and weekend, she teaches her daughter all about life. You can find her tweeting as @wa_tracy.

1. pemora says:

these are great and there are several that i want to plagiarize. the biggest thing i want to do is actually MOVE, whether that is going to a gym, running (ha!) or just dancing in my living room with the kids…i need to move more!

happy 2013, lwm! i don’t comment on here often but i read religiously…here’s to many more insightful, thoughtful, personal and omg-that-is-my-life posts!
    Twitter: urbanrhetoric

Thank you so much for always coming back! We so appreciate your support. And as for getting moving, I don’t go to the gym, but I do a lot at home. My daughter even participates and pretends she’s exercising. Start small. A little will go a long way :) Happy New Year!

2. Madonna says:

These are such great resolutions! Best wishes for following through with them – my biggest issue! I’m not tech savy, but I’ve included my resolution list below.

Happy New Year!
    Madonna recently posted..Jumping the Gun – New Year’s ResolutionsMy Profile

3. Laura says:

I’m giving it a shot this year. I haven’t made resolutions in a long time!
    Laura recently posted..New Year’s ResolutionsMy Profile
    Twitter: payettepigtails

So glad you are participating! The linky is actually working now. Sorry for any confusion. Look above and click on “Click Here to Enter.” Happy New Year!

4. Liz says:

Great resolutions! Here are mine. Going through some life changes so big focus around that.
    1. Pay attention to my inner voice. Honor it.
    2. Write more. At least 3x / week. Both in my journal and MAYBE dip a blogging toe in the water this year.
    3. Take advantage of all these great gadgets I have for calorie counting, step counting, etc., and finally lose those last 5 lbs. Exercising in the evening seems to be working best in getting that equation under control.
    4. Move on with my life – finalize my divorce (on my terms as much as possible – see inner voice resolution #1) and MAYBE start thinking about finding someone new (but take it slow and read that resolution #1 again)
    5. Be in the moment with my daughter, for as many moments as humanly possible. These years are starting to speed by (scary fast!) and there will always be work and distractions. But my baby is now a little girl and I don’t want to miss a minute more of her growing up than I absolutely have to.
    Twitter: Hungry_Lizzie

I hope you have great successes this year! Sounds like a lot of change for sure, but listening to your inner voice will surely guide you in the right directions. Happy New Year momma!

5. Observacious says:

I do an uber list each year that includes resolution type goals as well as smaller fun things that I just never seem to get around to do. I added my post to the linky above. If I had to summarize though I’d say I have too main categories of goals: 1) make life awesome for my kids and 2) get more organized.
    Observacious recently posted..List 25: Uber List for 2013My Profile
    Twitter: observacious

6. The linky isn’t working for me but I wanted to participate, so my list is located here. I’m hoping 2013 is better than 2012 – especially in regards to getting my finances under control. Sigh… but I do love a good sale!

Hmmm…did you click on the blue hyperlink that says “Click Here to Enter” below the other links? It appears to be working for me.

7. Mary Beth says:

Here’s my full list! Also, shouldn’t the title be 2013 resolutions? Just wondrin’. http://clipclopmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-20-13-resolutions.html?spref=fb
    Mary Beth recently posted..My 20 ’13 ResolutionsMy Profile

I guess my thinking was we did them on the last day of 2012, but yeah, guess it should be 2013. Also, go ahead and link your post in the linky above :)

Trackbacks for this post