Working With Style {A Size Smaller Edition}

I am admittedly not very stylish. And now, because I began a lifestyle change that includes a rigorous workout regime 5 months ago and have lost 18 lbs, wardrobe is an issue. A good issue, but an issue nonetheless. Because it’s close to the holidays and I don’t want to spend too much money on myself, I decided against the shopping spree I promised myself once I hit my goal weight. Instead, my husband and I agreed that I would go and get a couple outfits for work that I could alternate. Then, if need be, I’ll do some more shopping after the holidays.

I adore New York and Company, so after I lost about 15 lbs, I went there first with a coupon for $50 off $100 and some other discount I can’t remember right now. I bought three tops, including the one below—ALL SIZE SMALL—and a pair of dress pants for great prices!

WWS Outfit!

Blue turtleneck: New York and Company/White cami: Charlotte Russe/Gray pants: New York and Co/Peep-toe slip-on shoes: American Eagle

But that outfit? Not what I’m happiest about!

I’m a jeans girl. Thankfully, my administrator is awesome and allows us to wear jeans at work since we raised our school grade from an F to an A. For the longest time, I wore a size 6 in stretchy jeans, but they were always tight around the waist so I didn’t wear them often because I refused to go up a size. This past weekend, I decided to try on jeans at American Eagle to celebrate my weight loss. Lo and behold, I’m a size smaller! For the first time since I was 18 years old, I fit perfectly in a size 4! Party up in here! So, one day this work week, I had to go casual and sport mah new one-size-smaller jeans.

WWS pic

Top: Ross/Blue cami: Charlotte Russe/SIZE 4 Artist Jeans: American Eagle/Eiffel Towel Necklace: Forever 21

Oh, and I snapped a shot of these cute boots from Macy’s!

boots

Don’t forget to link up and show us how you’re working with style!

Working With Style

Shannon is a graduate of University of South Florida, a high school English teacher, and an aspiring author. In April 2011, she and her husband met the love of their lives: a son named William. Shannon is currently learning to balance teaching 115 teenagers and being William’s mommy. You can find her blogging at Momma Bird and tweeting as @bluebird_momma.

1. Law Momma says:

I’d hate you except I love you. :) Congrats on the smaller size and LOOKING GREAT, MOMMA!!!
    Law Momma recently posted..Never Doubt That One Life Can Make a DifferenceMy Profile

2. Shannon says:

Thank you! I felt like I had a lot of hotness on this blog to compete with ;)
    Shannon recently posted..Unpaid Maternity Leave and Human RightsMy Profile

3. Mary Beth says:

My first 2013 resolution: to look as cute as Shannon! :) Ai-chi-mama! Seriously. I want to lose weight. How’d you achieve a size smaller? I’m sure there are posts about it somewhere!!
    Mary Beth recently posted..A Syndicated Article on BlogHer!My Profile

Haha, oh please, you flatter me!! I was a very complacent, “Who the hell cares if I’ve gained weight? My husband still thinks I’m hot” kinda person for about a year after I had my son because I did NOT care at all. I had hyperemesis for 9 months, so post-baby, I ATE. Then… my pants didn’t fit. There are a few posts I wrote, “8 Tips for Working Momma Fitness” and “Working Out Makes Me a Better Working Mom” that detail what I’ve done. Are you on myfitnesspal by any chance? Seriously the best step I ever took–keeps me SO accountable and opened my eyes to what I was eating.
      Shannon recently posted..Unpaid Maternity Leave and Human RightsMy Profile

4. Terri says:

what a great feeling when you put that smaller size on AND it fits perfectly. way to go!
    Terri recently posted..Tips for Sirsasana, HeadstandMy Profile
    Twitter: findingdrishti

5. Jamie says:

You look great! There will be lots of amazing sales after Christmas where you can get some great pieces for cheap! I’m hoping to lose about that much this next year. You are inspiring!
    Jamie recently posted..A Conversation with Bo… Age 5My Profile

6. Suz says:

You are too cute! Congrats on the size four jeans! Love those boots too.
    Suz recently posted..itti*bitti cloth diapersMy Profile
    Twitter: suzstreats