Working With Style {No Repeat Challenge}

Well I’m officially 7 days in to my personal style challenge. I decided my challenge would be to do a no outfit repeat for the month of November. So far, so good but considering I’m still somewhat limited by what clothes fit post-baby, I have a feeling it will get more challenging as the month goes on.

Here’s what I wore for my first week…

20121110-210345.jpg

20121110-210351.jpg

20121110-210407.jpg

The wedges & the brown sweater I just bought last week at Target, before I started my challenge. The yellow top I picked up about a month or so ago, also at Target. Other than that, everything else is at least a year+ old.

While I haven’t repeated any outfits (or even pieces yet) taking daily photos has made me realize a couple of things…

1. I wear a lot of black.
2. I wear my hair pulled black a lot.

I did get my hair cut over the weekend so hopefully that will make it a little more manageable. As far as the black goes? Yea… Not much I can do about that.

Are you playing along with my challenge? How have you done so far?

Now it’s your turn to show us how you work with style. Link up below! I love seeing what other working moms wear to the office.

And don’t forget you can follow along with my challenge (or play along yourself!) by following the #officefashionshow and/or #workingwithstyle hashtags on Instagram.

Working With Style

Katherine is a full time working mama in Marketing. She’s married to a handsome, hardworking man that she’s known her whole life. Together they balance two demanding careers, a three year old red-headed country girl, a lovey wolf-dog and 12 acres. She blogs through her lunch hour over at Somewhere in the Middle and tweets between meetings at @LilMissRysMama.

1. Shannon says:

Ha! I could maybe do a no repeat week or 2-week challenge, but a month? No way! ESPECIALLY if it included shoes. Forget about it! I have like three pairs of shoes and if I could, I’d wear flip flops every day. Florida weather does not really invite me to spend money on cute boots that’ll get one wear a year! But I love your outfits and I think you look adorable with your hair pulled back :) Also, the black? I will never change that either. I love, LOVE wearing black. For so many reasons. At the top of the list? It’s slimming AND if I get something “baby” on it, you can’t see it!
    Shannon recently posted..Unpaid Maternity Leave and Human RightsMy Profile

• Katherine says:

Girl!? I’ll be repeating stuff all month long…just not whole outfits. I WISH I had enough clothes to be able to go an entire month with no piece repeats…but that’s NOT gonna happen. I own about 5 pair of pants right now that fit. And all my tops? Maybe half of them are actually flattering on. You could totally play along. ;)

And my love for black is deep. I’m glad I’m not the only one. :)
      Katherine recently posted..Throwing me for a loop.My Profile
      Twitter: lilmissrysmama

2. Melissa says:

I’ve been playing along and doing fairly well. This (sadly) won’t be a problem for me. I’ve discovered I have WAY to many clothes. I forgot to take pictures a couple of days being out of town and off made it a little tricky to remember… I am probably going to lay the outfits out and snap so I’ll remember. LOL
    Twitter: melissamott

Are you taking pictures? We’d love for you to link up and show us how your challenge is panning out :)

• Melissa says:

I”m not a blogger, just playing along on twitter (@melissamott) and Instagram (melissamott)!
        Twitter: melissamott

• Katherine says:

I love that you are playing along!! I have enough clothes that it shouldn’t be a problem, but my issue is, I get one outfit combo put together that I LOVE and I want to wear it every week. It’s kinda sad. lol So, this is really making me think about my outfits in a different way.
      Katherine recently posted..Throwing me for a loop.My Profile
      Twitter: lilmissrysmama

3. My work wardrobe is very limited, but I really like this idea. I need to do a complete wardrobe inventory pretty soon, so that I can see what I actually have and what I can do with it, because right now even I find my clothing boring!
    Tragic Sandwich recently posted..True LiesMy Profile
    Twitter: tragicsandwich

• Katherine says:

Yes! I have the same issue…I have lots of clothes hanging in my closet, but I have “nothing to wear!”. This challenge is really making me take stock of what I’ve already got and finding new, fun ways to put it all together. So far I’m loving it…hopefully I’ll be able to say the same thing in another 2 weeks. ;)
      Katherine recently posted..Throwing me for a loop.My Profile
      Twitter: lilmissrysmama

4. Kay Wilson says:

a Tip I use, is I hang matches together as I do my laundry. I change the “hanger outfits” each week so it totally looks like a whole new one.
    Kay Wilson recently posted..Sampling Video Training by DontyMy Profile